Thursday 31 December 2015

Happy New Year



I just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a Happy New Year and to say thank you for following my blog. It means alot to me to know that you read and enjoy some of the books that I share with you all.

And as a whole New Year of reading approaches I've been looking back on the books I have read and enjoyed throughout 2015 (see  my Top 10 books) with an eye to how that might shape my reading for 2016.

I am keen to read more by those authors who have really caught my eye this year. In addition to those in my top ten there are many other authors who I was really impressed by this year.

I am really enjoying the Ruth Galloway series by Elly Griffiths and the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear and am looking forward to reading more in these two series. I would also like to read more by Laura Lippman having really enjoyed After I'm Gone.

Rowan Coleman was an author who stood out for me this year. I read The Memory Book as well as Lessons in Laughing Out Loud so am keen to read more of her work. I also loved Perfect Daughter by Amanda Prowse. 

I also loved Mariana by Susanna Kearsley , I am China by Xiaolu Guo and Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey.

Each year I always intend to read more classics as I really enjoy them but I tend to get distracted by shiny new publications that hit the bookshop shelves. Maybe this year I will be more self disciplined with myself and not get waylaid by other books that catch my eye (yeah right..... like that's really going to happen!)

Making a list of books I would like to read could probably take me to half way through 2016 so I will leave it there. However, if you have read anything during 2015 that you think I would enjoy then please let me know.

HAPPY NEW YEAR. SEE YOU IN 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment