Thursday 10 October 2013

The Journey Begins..............

Hello and welcome to the first post on my blog.

I am very excited to be writing this blog.  I have been a very keen reader since I was a child and my passion and enthusiasm for books has never waned.  However, we live in difficult and austere times; money is tight for most people and many of us cannot afford to buy the number of books that we used to.  However, I have accumulated a number over the years with my “I’ll read it one day” mentality.  That ‘one day’ has now arrived and I am planning on having a one year buying freeze without reading any less books than I normally do.  In order to keep up my reading habits  (some might call it an addiction) my aim is to only read books that I already own or come to me for free.

I think this will be an interesting and exciting journey and I shall be reviewing the books that I read as I go along.  I also think it will be fun to count the pennies saved to see how much money I have saved by the end of the year.

Thank you for reading my first posting and I hope that you will enjoy my book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment